Art Director | Graphic Designer
- MFA | Sculpture, Arizona State University, AZ
- BFA | Photography/Critical Theory, Kansas City Art Institute, MO
- Color Theory/2-D Design, Parsons School of Design, NY
Employing both sides of my brain in the Art and Engineering fields.
Kelly was the Art Director for New Water ReSources – a network of specialized individuals creating learning experiences and educational programs around the globe that challenge conventional thinking, broaden understanding, and stimulate new behaviors about water – and Senior Graphic Designer and Concept Lead with Jacobs Engineering specializing in sustainability and environmental remediation projects.
Kelly’s design aesthetic and “connect the dots” thinking coalesce project brand, outreach and education materials, signage and exhibits into a context-sensitive, cohesive experience that inspires understanding about stewarding our natural resources. Her extensive training in sculpture and installation contribute to an awareness of site and context.
As a fine artist, Kelly was represented by six galleries nationally for nearly two decades with paintings in both private and corporate collections. In 2013, her focus shifted to architectural restoration and community development in inner-city neighborhoods as a way to build greener, more livable communities.
Kelly’s philosophical approach to renovation & design has consistently been to listen to the architecture – houses speak! – and allow the original character of a home to come through rather than obliterate it. Integrating the inherent personality of a home and it’s surroundings with modern upgrades and client needs are critical facets of the design process.
She is currently photographing the Florida landscape on foot and renovating an Old Florida cabin with her husband. Kelly offers somatic-informed workshops and open studio events in Floral City.
For information on Creative Coaching & studio sessions, please visit brightboxstudio.org
SELECT PROFESSIONAL AWARDS
- Tide for a Cause Photography Contest Grand Prize Winner, 2021 – Hernando County Environmentally Sensitive Lands and Tidal Brewing, Spring Hill
- Career Opportunity Grant recipient, 2017 – Lawrence, KS Art Guild Association
- Stockholm Industry Water Award goes to CH2M, 2015 – critical member of concept development team on world’s leading water reuse research projects and visitor center experiences
- US Navy & Marine Corps Secretary of Defense Environmental Restoration Installation Award, 2014 and 2015, Camp Lejeune, NC – lead designer, document manager on multi-page award submittal
- Banksia Gold Environmental Awards, Sydney, AUS for Gippsland Water Factory, Vortex Centre and ‘Water Wonders’ education programme, 2011 – design team member
- American Society of Civil Engineers, OR Chapter, 2011 – Centennial anniversary logo design competition
- State of Oregon Cultural Trust, Salem, OR, 2002 –license plate design for Oregon Cultural Trust http://www.culturaltrust.org/give/license-plates
- GRAYHAWK Development, Scottsdale, AZ, 1996 – Site-specific public sculpture for residential community